- 2 15.5 oz. cans garbanzo beans
- 1/4th - 1/2 C. organic cold pressed olive oil
- 1/8th - 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8th tsp. Mrs. Dash mesquite seasoning
- 3 lemons juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/8th - 1/4th tsp. hot pepper flakes
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- distilled water
Empty all of the ingredients into a food processor except the water. Run the processor and carefully pour a little water into it until it has the consistency that you like. Be careful, runny hummus is not so nice. You can add a little more oil if you like it too. I usually run the machine for a minute or two so I know that the hummus is nice and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings if you want to.
This recipe is nice because it fits perfectly into a 32 oz. plastic container. Hummus is good in the fridge for up to a week. I serve this up with grilled whole wheat pita bread wedges and organic carrots and celery. Happy munching!