Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spicy Lemon Hummus

Hummus is a really easy, really yummy treat. I won't be eating too much of it once I go mostly raw, but for my bowel pre-cleanse it will be O.K.

Ingredients:
  • 2 15.5 oz. cans garbanzo beans
  • 1/4th - 1/2 C. organic cold pressed olive oil
  • 1/8th - 1/2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1/8th tsp. Mrs. Dash mesquite seasoning
  • 3 lemons juiced
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • 1/8th - 1/4th tsp. hot pepper flakes
  • freshly ground pepper to taste
  • distilled water

Empty all of the ingredients into a food processor except the water. Run the processor and carefully pour a little water into it until it has the consistency that you like. Be careful, runny hummus is not so nice. You can add a little more oil if you like it too. I usually run the machine for a minute or two so I know that the hummus is nice and creamy. Taste and adjust the seasonings if you want to.


This recipe is nice because it fits perfectly into a 32 oz. plastic container. Hummus is good in the fridge for up to a week. I serve this up with grilled whole wheat pita bread wedges and organic carrots and celery. Happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment