Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Ugly Truth


Hello and welcome to Rawvenge!

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emily and I'm a 49 year old, mid-western gal graphic designer trapped in the body of an alien. I mean it! I no longer recognize myself when I look in the mirror. I see myself and wonder "Who the hell am I anymore?". I look like I'm wearing a gigantic fat suit, only it's not a suit. Ahhhhhhhhh......... wake me up from this bizarre reality game show I'm living in!!!

But I digress....

As you can see from the pictures above there is a VERY ugly truth happening here! And there's no surprise how I got this way. The same way everybody gets here; bad food choices, lack of exercise and a lifetime of antibiotics, hormones, pesticides, food colorings, preservatives, additives and refined junk I've either ingested or inhaled.

As for the picture above, it's an easy guess that I'm the one on the left. On the right we have my lovely sister, Miss Priscilla, who has been raw for 8 years now! Eight YEARS!!!! I took these photos to give you a clear idea of the urgency of the situation and as a good comparison for how I should look. My sister is five foot eleven inches tall and I'm five eight. There should be three of us standing there though, because I weigh enough for 2...

Uh, it's time for a change.....

So I have a plan. A rather involved plan with several steps to get me back on the path to heath.

Step 1: Modify my diet and do a bowel cleanse.

Step 2: Make the switch to a 80% raw organic diet and STICK to it. Take daily herbal supplements to ease my hypoglycemia so I CAN stick to it.

Step 3: Do an internal cleanse of all my elimination organs and channels (think lymph glands, liver, lungs, skin etc.).

Step 4: Do a sustained parasite protocol to rid myself of yummy things like candida, worms, flukes and other nasties.

Step 5: Reestablish my immune system with a probiotic protocol (the specifics of which I'm still working out)

I'm just now setting up for my big first step, the bowel cleanse! I found a very nice product online from the people at Blessed Herbs. The kit arrived in the mail a couple days ago and I'm very pleased with it so far. This is a 9 day cleanse with 5 juice fasting days. I'll be juicing my own organic apples for the fasting part of this cleanse and promise to report honestly on the effects of the cleanse (including relevant photos) in gory detail.

I don't believe that varnishing the truth does anyone any good. If it doesn't work, is expensive or complicated, then you might as well know it from the get go! And trust me, there is nothing cheap about the health industry, including high quality food.

For now, and until next time....

The Rawvenge is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment